Friends was removed from US Netflix earlier in the year due to a licensing change. There are legitimate ways to view Friends online, despite the inconvenience. These sources are often geo-restricted so you will need to use VPN to access them. We don’t recommend downloading them. These streams are often removed from the internet for copyright violations and have poor video quality.
This article will walk you through the process, and show you how to watch Friends online from wherever you are.
All you have to do now is to visit the site you want to watch Friends and to create an account. Try clearing your cookies or reloading the page if it does not work right away.
How to Watch Friends Online using a VPN
- Select a reliable VPN. NordVPN is now 68% off!
- Select the streaming site that features Friends.
- Connect to the server at the desired location.
- Relax and enjoy the moment!
NordVPN: Watch Friends
To watch Friends, why do you need to use a VPN?
Friends can only be viewed on streaming services that limit viewing to certain countries. This is called geo-blocking or geo-restricting. These restrictions can be bypassed by using a VPN to disguise your location.
Friends is no longer available via US Netflix. However, it is still available in many countries. VPN allows you to change your internet location so you can access Friends from another country.
If you are in the US, you may use a VPN to switch your Netflix region to the UK. This will allow you to watch Friends on Netflix UK.
The best VPNs to keep your friends online
It is difficult to find the best VPN that allows you to unblock all streaming sites. We tested many providers to find the best one that will allow you to view your friends online.
- NordVPN – The best VPN to watch Friends Online
- Surf Shark – a reliable, budget-friendly VPN
- IPVanish is a VPN that works with almost all streaming sites
You can watch Friends online.
Depending on where you are located, Friends can be viewed online via multiple streaming services. If you don’t see your country listed below, you can use a VPN and change your location to watch Friends online on any of the selected streaming sites.
NordVPN allows you to unblock streaming services
How to watch Friends on Netflix
- We recommend NordVPN as a VPN provider.
- Start your VPN to connect to a server located in Canada, the UK, or anywhere else that has Friends in its Netflix library.
- Register for your Netflix account.
- Start watching Netflix Friends by searching for Friends!
How to watch Friends on HBO
- We recommend NordVPN for buying and installing a VPN.
- Connect to a US server by signing in to your VPN
- Log in to hbomax.com or click here to get a free trial.
- If you are unable to create an account, please do so.
- You can enter a US street address.
- Start streaming by searching for friends!
How to stream friends outside of your country
This section will explain how to stream Friends from outside your country. Continue reading to learn which networks stream Friends and how to access them, depending on where your location is.
We highly recommend Surf Shark and NordVPN as VPNs.
Canadian residents can stream all seasons of Friends on Netflix. You can also purchase individual episodes on Amazon Prime Video and iTunes. To do this, you must be a Canadian citizen. To watch Friends online, you can connect with a Canadian VPN server if you are not in Canada.
Check out our top VPNs for Canada.
HBO Max now offers Friends in the USA. The cost for this service is $14.99 per month.
TBS or Amazon Prime are two other options to stream Friends online. TBS broadcasts approximately 50 episodes per week and is totally free. Amazon Prime allows you to purchase individual seasons of Friends for $19.99
These services are, as expected, geo-locked. You will need a VPN provider with many servers in the US if you are outside the US.
UK residents have the good fortune of Friends still being available on Netflix UK. You can subscribe to this service for just PS5.99 per month and get a free one-month trial.
Channel 5 in the UK also has Friends. These episodes cannot be viewed on-demand and the channel is not available live streaming. It is however possible to view Channel 5 live on TVPlayer.com.
Both Netflix UK and TVPlayer.com have a region-locked service. To watch Friends online, you’ll need to use a VPN if you’re not in the UK.
This guide will help you find the best VPNs in the UK.
You can view every episode of Friends online if you are in Australia. The streaming service is $10 per month and comes with a 30-day trial. Foxtel TV allows you to view Friends in Australia via the Foxtel Go App. Fox Hits is also available.
Stan and Foxtel require that you are in Australia to view their content. These services can be accessed from anywhere in the world by connecting to an Australian server via VPN. NordVPN is recommended as it offers fast and secure servers in Australia.
- How to watch HBO Max from outside the USA
- How to change Amazon Prime Video Country
- The Best VPNs to Watch Netflix
How to view your friends on your phone
Streaming Friends is easy on any device. However, the steps will vary slightly depending on which device you have.
Check our recommended VPNs for various devices:
- VPNs for Windows
- VPNs for macOS
- VPNs for Linux
- VPNs for iOS
- VPNs for Android
This section will walk you through each step of the process.
You can watch Friends on your computer (Windows or Mac)
You don’t have to install anything if you want to watch Friends on Windows 10 or Mac. All you need is your browser. Here’s how to watch Friends on Windows or Mac.
- Install NordVPN, a VPN on your computer.
- Select a server in a country that has Friends to install the VPN. If you want to watch UK Netflix, for example, you will need to choose a UK server.
- Go to the streaming service you prefer.
- Choose a show you like and enjoy!
Android: Watch Friends
These are the steps to follow if you want Friends to be viewed on your Android device.
- Install a VPN on your router by downloading it. You can also install it on a laptop capable of creating a mobile hotspot. NordVPN is our recommendation.
- To make your streaming service work, change your IP address.
- Connect your Android phone to the internet or mobile hotspot.
- Go to your Google Play App.
- Install the app to access the streaming service you choose.
- Start the app, search Friends and start enjoying it!
You can watch Friends on iOS (iPhone and iPad)
It is similar to watching friends online via an Android device. These are the steps:
- Install a VPN such as NordVPN on your router and laptop.
- Select an IP address that best fits your streaming service.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your router or mobile Hotspot
- Check out the App Store
- Install the app to get your streaming service.
- Register now to start watching
Are you having trouble watching Friends online using a VPN?
You may sometimes find it difficult to watch Friends online, even with a VPN. You may need a different VPN to stream.
Your VPN may not be working if you’re connected to a geo-locked server by the streaming service you’re using. First, check that your VPN is working properly. You may need to upgrade your VPN if it is not.
Below are some other problems that may arise when you try to watch Friends online.
- Your device’s GPS location and your IP address may not be the same.
- Your streaming service has blacklisted servers that are used by your VPN
- Your IP address is being leaked
- Your VPN is not capable of blocking streaming services
- Your VPN is no longer working because the streaming service has updated its geo-blocking protocols
- Your device has cookies that let the streaming service know that you are not in the UK.
These solutions can be used if you are confronted with any of these problems:
- Clear your cookies by switching to a different browser
- Contact customer service for your VPN to verify that the server you are using does not block streaming services.
- Find the leak protection setting in your VPN and activate it
How to catch the Friends reunion
In early 2020, rumours of a reunion began to circulate. Filming was finally completed in April 2021 after several delays.
We have good news. Friends: The Reunion, also known as. HBO Max will air “The One Where They Get Back Together” on May 27th.
You can still watch the original cast returning to HBO Max if HBO Max is not available in your country. However, the VPN will allow you to access the show. Here’s how to do it:
- Choose a VPN that allows you to unblock HBO Max. NordVPN was able to accomplish this, according to our tests.
- Log in to your account and install the app. Then connect to an American server.
- Register at HBO to create an account. You will need a payment card that is linked to an address in the United States.
That’s it! You can now watch the latest episode of Friends right as it is released.
Cybernews has more VPN guides
How to view The Walking Dead from any location
How to see It’s Always Sunny Philadelphia
How to view Emmys online
How to watch Love Island
How to watch Yellowstone season 4
How to view SNL online
How to view Matrix 4 online
How to stream Marvel movies on Netflix
Star Trek Discovery Online: How to Watch It
How do I stream Friends online?
Friends can be viewed online via a variety of streaming services. These include Amazon Prime and HBO.
Amazon Prime: Friends or Foes?
Yes. Amazon Prime has all 10 seasons of Friends.
You want to watch Friends free of charge in 2021?
Friends can be viewed for free on all three services if you have an Amazon Prime, Netflix, or HBO subscription.
Is streaming with a VPN legal?
Yes. Yes. Although streaming geo-restricted content via VPN is against the terms of streaming services, it is legal.