Instagram and Facebook have become an integral part of our daily lives. While our generation is passionate about Instagram and curating their life, we must admit that there are some downsides. We will be discussing how to deal with these situations and how many reports are required to delete an Instagram account.
Social media is a way for people to express themselves and reach a wider audience. However, there are times when people go beyond the limits and content can become offensive. Not only is it inappropriate, but a lot of cases of cyberbullying or cyber-harassment are reported every year. Instagram offers a way to report accounts that are involved in such incidents. The question is, how many times must an account be reported before it can be deleted or banned?
How many reports are required to delete an Instagram account?
The answer to this question is not exact. Instagram doesn’t know how their algorithm works so we don’t really know the answer. Instagram doesn’t just consider the number of times the account has been reported. There are many other factors that can influence Instagram’s decision not to ban an account.
One thing is certain though. Instagram is dependent on its users. It has been observed that it may not be able to keep up with the subject despite multiple attempts.
Instagram has sometimes not deleted accounts despite multiple requests. The type of content being reported by other users will also affect how quickly an account can be deleted.
Why might an account be banned?
- Abuse – Instagram strictly prohibits any form of abuse. In comments and even in DMs, intimidation, threat or vulgarity are not allowed.
- Spam – Report accounts that spam other accounts to sell or similar activities.
- Posting private information from a third party: An account that contains sensitive content or information can be reported.
- Plagiarism -Copyrighted or plagiarized content may be grounds to report an account.
- Violence:- Accounts that promote or glorify violence against humans or animals can be blocked.
- Identity fraud:- Report an account that is impersonating another person.
Instagram has a reporting system for inappropriate content. We can tell you that there is no limit to the number of times that an account must be reported in order to have it removed. If you find anything that violates Instagram’s policies, it is best to report it. All accounts reported to Instagram are evaluated by the Instagram team and they make the final decision about whether or not to delete them.