When you’re working on a serious task on your computer, HP Support Solutions Framework interrupts you by popping up and asking for permission to tick its request list.
This is made worse when you realize how much your CPU is being used by this intruder, causing you to lose access to other apps that you may need.
You’re looking for information about HP Support Solutions Framework, its importance, and whether or not it should be removed.
We’ll provide the definitive answers to these questions in this article.
We will also discuss who should and shouldn’t uninstall the app, and how to do that.
Do You Need the HP Support Solutions Framework?
The HP Support Solutions Framework is not an essential tool for your computer.
It will not cause any serious damage if it is erased manually.
It’s probably not a good idea for HPSSF to be removed, but you might consider disabling it for the many reasons we will discuss later.
What is the HP Support Solutions Framework?
Hewlett-Packard’s HP Support Solutions Framework (HPSSF), is a web-based assistant tool.
This package includes a variety of programs that enable HP users to access, install and remove system drivers, manage their hardware and adjust BIOS and other Windows settings.
This bundled interface allows you to contact HP Customer Support and get your device details (such as a serial number) and visit the Downloads section without having to go to the website.
You can use it to quickly repair any problem and locate HP repair centers near you whenever you need them.
HPSSF is a tool that helps you monitor your system, keep informed, fix potential problems early, and get the most out of auto refurbishment.
Common Reasons to Disable HPSSF
- High CPU Use: HPSSF may take up more than 50% of your CPU, which can cause other applications to stop running smoothly and slow down your entire system.
You might choose to do everything manually and have a faster computer in return.
- Warranty Timeout – When the warranty expires, the app stops updating your drivers and prompts you to delete it from your computer as unusable software.
- Errors and Bugs: After a while, HPSSF may become corrupted and cease to work properly.
- Security flaws: A few years ago, experts discovered some unpatched vulnerabilities within HP support solutions. They advised users to delete the factory-installed versions.
These experts say that these vulnerabilities can expose your device and allow hackers to infiltrate your system. They will then inject executable files into your system.
To avoid possible threats, many users have reinstalled the app.
- Intrusive Behavior: It is the app’s duty to inform you when an update or change is due.
These constant messages can be annoying for many and force them to uninstall their app.
HPSSF launches automatically when Windows is loaded. This can be disruptive if you are working on other tasks.
- Conflicts With the OS : Some believe that HPSSF interferes in the Windows’ decision-making process regarding what to update and other system arrangements.
- Personal Reasons : Some users don’t want it installed on their systems.
Perhaps you are comfortable with manual updates or think you can handle everything on your own.
How do I uninstall the HP Support Solutions Framework?
It depends on which category you fall under to determine if you need to get rid of HPSSF.
People who are concerned about security or low CPU performance may want to uninstall the app.
Customers with expired warranties should use the same route.
If you are only annoyed by unwelcome notifications you can disable reminders in your app settings.
Contrary to what you might believe, Windows and HPSSF agents do not clash under normal circumstances.
If this is your main concern, you don’t need to sacrifice its benefits.
Before you remove the app completely, it’s worth taking a few troubleshooting steps.
How to Fix Common HPSSF Errors
These are the most common issues that HP Support Solutions Framework faces, and their solutions.
1. App starts automatically
You can get rid of HPSSF from Windows settings if it pops up after your OS loads.
- Use the Windows search tool to locate the Task Scheduler.
- Once the browser is opened, click on ” Task Scheduling Library” in the side column.
- Then click the little arrow beside ” Hewlett-Packard” to open HPSSF.
- In the central pane, a list of options will be displayed.
- You can then choose Quick Start.
- Go to the right column, and click ” Select item”.
- After you have pressed the ” Disable button”, HPSSF will stop loading automatically.
2. It sends you commands in the middle of a task
HPSSF scans the system and gives you a list.
It will keep reminding you of the tasks and start to stress you out if you don’t finish them.
To get rid of this situation, you can set up a schedule for HPSSF operations.
- Open the app and go to Settings in the top-right menu.
- Navigate to the following segment: Next HP Updates and Messages are Scheduled for.
- For the app to complete its tasks, you will need to enter a weekday and an hour.
You can choose a time when your computer will be available, but not anything that is important.
Open HP Support Assistant, and click Settings at the top right.
- Before you exit, make sure you save your changes.
3. It wakes up the display in sleep mode
This is similar to the auto-start scenario. There’s an easy solution.
- Use your Windows search box to navigate to the ” edit Power Plans” page.
- Select this blue link: ” Modify advanced power settings.
- To expand your options, hit the plus button next to ” sleep”.
- Expand ” Allow wake times”
- There are two options: ” On the battery” or ” Plugged into.”
- To make the changes effective, disable both and hit OK.
4. It doesn’t launch
If the software refuses to open up, it is likely that something is wrong with the OS and not the software.
You can fix the problem using the system restore points.
This built-in feature allows you to return your computer to a date earlier than the problem occurred.
- To run the command box, press Windows + R keys.
- Enter “RSTRUI.EXE” into the empty field, and then confirm.
- To view the complete list of restore points, click ” Next”.
- Select a date when the app worked as expected.
- Click Next, then Finish.
5. It doesn’t update drivers
Try updating HP Support Solutions Framework to the latest version if it fails to open.
If you don’t notice any changes, make sure your firewall is blocking HPSSF.
6. HPSSF Announces Unexpectedly
“The app encountered a serious issue and must be closed. To restart the application, click OK.
You have no other choice than to uninstall the app if you get this error message.
It doesn’t necessarily have to be permanent. You can simply reinstall the app immediately and the problem will disappear.
In the following, we’ll talk about both installation and disassembly.
Uninstalling HP Support Solutions Framework
If none of these troubleshooting techniques worked, please continue reading our guide to uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework.
1. Make a Restore Point
It is easiest to uninstall HPSF.
If you don’t do the job correctly and thoroughly, it could lead to more problems than it solves.
Make sure to create a restore point before you remove the app. This will allow you to revert back to normal in the event that you make a mistake.
- Close the app and close any open files.
- Right-click ” This Computer” to open ” Property”.
- Select “System Protection” in the new window.
- Click your PC under the current tab (System Protection).
- If the message says Off, click ” Configure” and mark ” Save system settings and older versions of files” in the new window. Then, click Ok.
- If the message says “On”, skip this step to move on to step 5.
- Continue with the prompts on the screen by pressing the ” Creator” button.
Note – After the uninstallation is complete, you can return to the settings and make any changes by pressing the ” system restore” button.
2. Remove the App
Choose one of these methods to uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework.
First Method: Disable HPSSF Via Control Panel
HPSSF, like all apps, can be removed using the Control Panel.
Only difference is that it takes a little more effort to delete its files.
- Right-click the taskbar ribbon at screen’s bottom to navigate to the Task Management.
- To stop the background activities of HPSSF, locate it by right-clicking on it.
- After that, you can open your Control Panel and move on to ” Features and Programs.”
- Select ” Uninstall” from the HP Support Solutions Framework list.
- Once the process is complete, confirm your confirmation and then restart your computer.
Method Two: Erase HPSSF Via Uninstaller File
To facilitate uninstallation, most computer programs come with executable files.
This alternative method is available if HPSSF is not listed in the Apps & Features list:
- Find the folder for your app.
Unless you have changed it manually, it is usually located in your system drive (mainly drive C > Program Files).
- Next, look for “HT0_ uninstall.exe ” or “HT1_ uninst000.exe .”
- To uninstall the program, right-click and click ” Run”.
- Follow the prompts on screen.
Method 3: Use a Program Remover
These two methods can be manual and time-consuming. They are also prone to errors.
They also require computer knowledge and can be quite complicated for regular users.
Third-party tools, however, are quick and easy to use.
You only need to download the program, install it, and then use its interface to find your HPSSF.
Next, delete the app and any leftovers.
Note Depending on the program you use to remove your files, the interface and associated steps might differ.
Note 2 – Uninstaller tools remove redundant file deletion.
If you prefer this method, then skip to part three (“Employ Windows Registry To Delete Remaining Files”)
What if None of the Above Works?
If trojans or spyware infect HPSSF, it may be difficult to uninstall.
It may display undesirable behavior, or make unanticipated errors in the case of file corruption.
You can try either one of these alternatives if you are unable to remove the software.
- Run a malware scan: Use a reliable antivirus/anti-malware app to diagnose potential threats and erase them. Next, run the uninstallation method again to confirm that they are working.
- Uninstall the program
Go to the installation folder, and then run the installer wizard.
Next, you can repeat the removal process.
3. You can delete files that are not in the Windows Registry
After you have successfully uninstalled it, it is time to delete its cache and other files.
- To open the Registry Editor, go to the Start Menu.
- On the left pane, click the arrow beside ” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”.
- Expand SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows then CurrentVersion.
- Delete HPSF stored entries and spot HPSF.
Note – Sometimes, this is all you need to uninstall a program.
How to Install HPSSF
- Visit the HP Support Website to Download HP Support Solutions Framework for your 32- or 64-bit PC.
- The file can be saved in a desired location.
- Start the installer by clicking Run
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the software just like you would with any other.
FAQs on HP Support Solutions Framework
1. What is the HP Support Framework?
The HP Support Framework, an all-in-one interface from HP, allows users to update system drivers, troubleshoot devices, and contact the HP Support team for any information.
All HP systems, laptops and desktops, come pre-installed with the software.
All Windows versions, as well as non-hp users, can also install it via their official webpage.
2. Is it safe to uninstall the HP Support Solutions Framework
You can safely uninstall HP Support Solutions Framework. It comes preinstalled on your HP computer but is not required or basic software.
This means that you can safely remove it without any difficulties and your system will work as intended.
3. Can I remove the HP Software Framework?
There are several methods to remove HP Software Framework, including Windows software remover, integrated Uninstaller wizard and Windows Registry.
No matter what you do, the Registry Editor must be visited to clear all its remnants, redundant files, caches, and caches.
If you fail to do so, try a third-party program remover, antivirus, or reinstalling/uninstalling the HPSSF.
4. How can I get rid of HP Support Solutions?
These are the steps to get rid of HP Support Solutions.
- Find and open the Control Panel by using the Windows search bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to ” Apps & Features”.
- Navigate to the name of the program, click, then select ” Uninstall”.
- Use the search tool to open the Registry Editor.
- You can skip the leftovers by visiting:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> > SOFTWARE> Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion