If you are looking for how to modify the Google Assistant language, then this is the place to go. It’s a very useful app that can be found on Android phones. To ask Google Assistant to search for anything on the Internet, all you have to do is speak a word.
Google Assistant launched in 2014 with limited language options for people to use to issue commands. It has since grown to offer over 40 languages. This allows people who don’t speak English or understand English to communicate the command in their native language.
How do I change Google Assistant’s language?
The default language of the Google Assistant when you purchase a new phone is English. If you wish to change the language of your phone, we can help you.
- Open the Google App
- Tap “More” at the bottom
- Choose Settings
- Go to the “Google Assistant” option
- You’ll see many choices
- Scroll down to select the “Language” option
- Tap the Primary Language Set in the ‘Assistant languages’ section.
- An pop-up will be displayed with the languages available
- Scroll down to select the language you prefer from the list.
- The language will immediately be applied
- Google Assistant now supports the new language
It’s quite amazing to learn that the Google Assistant can be added to multiple languages by using the ‘Add a Language’ option.
You can also change the language on your smartphone to alter the language used by Google Assistant.
Google’s Home app allows you to change the language setting. This is how it works.
- To access your account, tap on the top-right of the app
- Select Assistant settings
- Select Languages
- Click on the current Google Assistant language
- Pop-ups will be displayed
- Select the language in which you would like to be used
If the language option for Google Assistant is available in your Google Account, any changes will be reflected on all devices such as Nest and Google Home that are linked to it.
Don’t be discouraged if the language option you are looking for is not available on your Android tablet or smartphone. The app does not support all languages. Some language options are restricted to certain regions. Google is likely to bring more language options across all devices, regions, and platforms.
Google Assistant might not be able to respond in your language, but it will be able to understand the query and provide an appropriate result.
It will be easy for you to learn at least three ways to change the language of Google Assistant. We would love to hear about the process you used to change the language setting on your device, and the languages that you have added to it.