This article will discuss how to activate Jio SIM after long periods. A prepaid mobile connection can be deactivated if it is not in balance by Rs. 20 or if the number has not been used for at least 90 days. Find out how to activate Jio SIM that has been deactivated.
How do you activate a Jio SIM after a long time?
If the number has been disconnected for less than 15 calendar days, it can be recharged with Rs. 20 or more If the number has been disconnected for more than 15 calendar days, then you can try these:
- Contact Jio customer service to request a reactivation of your number.
- You can visit the Jio store nearest to you and request them to activate your phone number.
All necessary documents should be given to them. You may be called by them to confirm your request. The SIM will then be activated.
How do I activate a new Jio SIM card?
Here are the steps you need to follow to activate your Jio number for the first-time if you have a Jio connection.
- Call 1977 from the Jio SIM-indicated phone
- To complete the tele verification process, you will need to enter a five digit T-PIN. Your alternate number already has the number.
- If you do not have the T-PIN, please call 1800-890-1977 (or 1977) to request a resend.
- Enter the T-PIN
- Alternatively, you can enter the last four digits from your Aadhaar number.
After you’ve completed all the steps, the SIM will be activated. Jio customer service can help you if the SIM does not get activated after only a few hours. Otherwise, the SIM will be cancelled.
How do you activate your Jio SIM quickly?
- The e-KYC activation process takes a maximum of 10 minutes to activate SIMs.
- To avoid long waits, visit your nearest Jio store just after lunch to avoid being late.
- As soon as your SIM card arrives, ask the staff to send you a tele verification message.
- Wait for two hours, then visit the Jio store again if your SIM has not been activated.
Problems and Solutions for Jio SIM Activation and Solution
- If you have not received an SMS after a week, you should visit the Jio store from which you filled out the form. It might have been rejected for different reasons.
- Verify that your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar card.
- You may not use the Outstation Aadhaar Card.
- You must ensure that the form is completed correctly and that the photo is clear. Otherwise, the form may be rejected or left behind.
We hope you found this article helpful on how to activate Jio SIMs after long periods. If you have any questions about activating a Jio SIM that has been deactivated, please don’t hesitate to contact us.